The Association of Steel Tube and Pipe Manufacturers, a subsidiary association of the Southern African Institute of Steel Construction, was established in 1983 and represents the welded carbon steel tube and pipe manufacturers in South Africa.
The members account for 70% of the installed capacity for conveyance, mechanical and structural tubular products which are supplied to international specifications.
The objectives of the ASTPM are:
- Promote the use of welded carbon steel tube and pipe.
- Represent common interests to Government, Quasi Governmentandotherorganisations
- Promote import replacement, where feasible
- Promote the export of welded carbon steel tube and pipe
- Co-operation without collusion between the members
For more information, visit the ASTPM website.