- The project should essentially have been completed in 2019. Should you need clarity in this regard, please contact Denise Sherman / Liezel Weber well before the entry deadline to confirm if the project qualifies for consideration this year.
- Only structures in which Southern African steelwork contractors played a significant role will be considered.
- By submission of an entry, the nominator assumes responsibility for the accuracy of all information and in particular the project team details. The nominator also provides the SAISC with the assurance that permission for the submission has been obtained from the owner/developer/client of the project.
- By submitting the contact details of the project team, the nominator also gives SAISC the right to send email to all project teams about the awards, as well as potential advertising opportunities.
- All written and illustrative material forming part of project entries will be used by the SAISC at its discretion to promote the event, project and Steel Institute. The SAISC reserves the right to use the entry information and publicise the nominations and awards as we see fit.
- The SAISC may visit short-listed structures for adjudication, publicity or filming purposes. The nominator and members of the project team undertake to assist in arranging such visits and obtain permission for any visits/filming/publicity, as well as to furnish the SAISC with
additional information about the project on request.
- The judging process makes use of a quantitative scoring method combined with qualitative assessment based on the professional opinion of the panel members. The judges’ decision is final.
- To qualify for discounted rates, all SAISC and sub-association members’ fees need to be in good standing.
- The adjudication will be carried out based on material submitted. Care should be taken when submitting projects. Incomplete submissions will be deemed ineligible for judging and will be disqualified.
- Submission deadlines need to be adhered to. Stage 1 – 27 March 2020 submission of Project Nomination form and at least 5 high-resolution project images to qualify for the next stage. Stage 2 – 24 April 2020 submission of Project Motivation and Project Team information as well as any additional materials i.e. project drawings/drone footage.
- Late submissions during Stage 1 will be subject to a penalty processing fee. No entries will be accepted after 24 April 2020. Any incomplete submissions after 24 April 2020 will be disqualified.
- At the Steel Awards dinner, certificates are given to the nominators to distribute to the project team members for any awarded structures. For this reason, nominators must ensure that all team members are correctly accounted for on the entry form.
- A plaque for mounting will be presented to the developer/owner of the overall winning structure.
For any queries, please contact Liezel Weber at firstname.lastname@example.org