It is intended that the course will assist Engineers who are not necessarily familiar with Structural Engineering concepts, as well as Structural Engineers whose background and experience are primarily in consulting and design services. The course takes place online, over 6 x 2 hour Zoom sessions. Delegates will have the opportunity to submit questions both during sessions, and between sessions via email. The course includes the discussion of concepts with reference to photographs of actual deterioration of structures.
- Session 1: Design Philosophy
- Session 2: Structural Materials
- Session 3: Structural Members
- Session 4: Inspection Structures
- Session 5: Inspection of Silos
- Session 6: Delegate Queries, Group Discussion/ Q&A Session
ATTENDEES WILL GAIN
- Better understanding of key aspects of the behaviour of steel and
concrete as structural materials.
- Better understanding of key aspects of structural members in tension,
compression and bending.
- Ability to visually evaluate the condition of structural members, or if
necessary, specify additional assessment by experts or by testing
- Knowledge of one formal system of quantitatively reporting the
condition of structural members.
Members: R9 425 incl VAT
Non-members: R10 725 incl VAT
6 x 2 hour sessions on – 19, 20, 26, 27 October and 2,3 November