Steel Awards 2022 includes a Pan-African promotional campaign, with both digital (online) and physical (in person) events. Our main objective is to showcase excellence in the use of steel, by shining a spotlight on your projects and the people who made them possible!
The final in person awards event will take place in October 2022, as a red carpet film premier (think Hollywood/ Cannes Film Festival) – followed by a cocktail/ networking function at a luxury venue. Keep an eye on this page for details!
If you’d like to meet our judges, understand the nomination process and find out what makes a great steel awards entry
click here to view the nominator briefing session – 7 October 2022 (Zoom Recording)
Access Passcode: TOGHax^7
If your project was completed in 2020 or 2021 – it’s eligible for nomination.
7 October 2021 – Nominations open
31 March 2022 – Nominations close
Because nomination and judging will take place concurrently, there will not be any extensions beyond this nomination closing deadline. Don’t leave nominating your project to the last minute!
- Complete the online nomination form (it literally takes 5 minutes to do – we’ve simplified the process)
- You will receive an email with a link to book your project team Zoom interview.
- Consult with your project team and book your Zoom interview
- Receive an invoice and pay your project nomination
(interviews will only take place when project nominations have been paid in full)
- Receive preparation instructions for your project team Zoom interview
- Participate in a 30 minute project team Zoom interview.to showcase your project
- Receive a follow up email with a request/ instruction for submitting supporting information
(Photographs, Video Content, Models etc)
- If you are a finalist, a site visit by representatives of the judging panel may be required.
- You may need to participate in a video interview or other filming necessary as part of the Steel Awards 2022
“Excellence in Steel” documentary
Value for nominators:
The nomination fee covers the judging process, and results in created content that can be used for marketing promotion, including:
- A 30 Minute Project Case Study Interview, which is recorded and shared as a project case study on the SAISC Youtube page, SAISC/ Steel Awards website, and SAISC social media platforms
- An edited, transcribed version of the call, is posted as a written project case study on the SAISC/ Steel Awards Website
- In the lead up the the semi finals, a 1 minute project profile will be shared on the SAISC social media platforms for each project nominated
- Semi-finalists will be extensively promoted in traditional and digital media.
- Finalist and winners will be featured in an engaging broadcast quality documentary film production, to be showcased at the red carpet movie premier in person cocktail event.
- Winning projects and finalists will be showcased in a substantial luxury coffee table book, available for pre-order before the in person event, or ordering after the in person event