The SAISC Steel Awards is an annual celebration of the excellent work the Southern African steel construction industry produces. For the last 8 years, the Steel Awards Photo competition has run alongside the event. In 2018, for the first time ever, the photo competition was run on Instagram. We were so encouraged by the public participation that we’ve decided to do so again this year. Thank you to our generous sponsors Cadex SA for making this possible.
How to enter:
1. Follow @SteelAwards on Instagram
2. Post a picture on your Instagram account of any of the following:
– A South African structure showcasing structural steel
– An abstract or artistic image featuring South African structural steel
– A portrait of a person who works in the South African steel industry
3. Tag @steelawards and add the hashtags #PositiveStoryOfSteel and #SAISCSteel19 to your post
Each unique photograph is an entry (i.e – no duplicates allowed). There is no limit on the number of entries allowed per Instagram account.
Please do not post images that you do not hold the copyright for. Should it be discovered that the submission is a breach of copyright, the photograph will be disqualified.
Photo judging and prize
The top 10 photos with the highest number of likes will be shortlisted, after which the winning image will be selected by the SAISC, in consultation with the photo competition sponsor, Cadex SA.
The winning photograph will receive a R 10 000 cash prize. A ceremonial credit card will be handed over to the winner at the SAISC Steel Awards Gala dinner on 10 October 2019, after which arrangement will be made to transfer the prize money to the winner’s account.
Deadline for photo submission
Entries must be posted on Instagram as stipulated above by 15 September 2019.
For more information, please contact Denise Sherman on (011) 726 6111.