Due to the continued uncertainty surrounding COVID-19, and its impact on our members and the broader built environment the SAISC has made the decision to hold Steel Awards on a bi-annual basis. This allows us to allocate more time to judging projects, engaging with built environment stakeholders, and ensuring each shortlisted project gets ample exposure.
For the 2022 Steel Awards, there will be some changes to the usual process:
- Projects completed in 2019, 2020 or 2021 will be eligible for submission, provided they have not been entered into a previous Steel Awards
- Projects can be submitted between 10 May 2021 and 31 December 2021, and judging will take place during this time period
- Finalists will be profiled between February and March 2022
- Category winners will be announced between June and August 2022
- The overall winner will be announced October 2022 at COVID-19 compliant decentralized events celebrating the steel industry and profiling winning projects