The SAISC group has an established credibility in the market, born from a 60+ year reputation as the custodian of steel construction technical knowledge, and its position as voice of the steel construction industry. Steel Awards (in its 39th year in 2022) is seen as a mark of prestige, and a peer / built environment celebration of excellence.
Steel Awards 2022 includes a Pan-African promotional campaign, with both digital (online) and physical (in person) events. Our main objective is to showcase excellence in the use of steel, by shining a spotlight on your projects and the people who made them possible!
The final in person awards event will take place in October 2022, as a red carpet film premier (think Hollywood/ Cannes Film Festival) – followed by a cocktail/ networking function at a luxury venue. Keep an eye on this page for details!
If you’d like to meet our judges, understand the nomination process and find out what makes a great steel awards entry
click here to view the nominator briefing session – 7 October 2022 (Zoom Recording)
Access Passcode: TOGHax^7
If your project was completed in 2020 or 2021 – it’s eligible for nomination.
7 October 2021 – Nominations open
31 March 2022 – Nominations close
Because nomination and judging will take place concurrently, there will not be any extensions beyond this nomination closing deadline. Don’t leave nominating your project to the last minute!
R 3000 excl VAT for Members (SAISC, SAMCRA, SASFA, POLASA, ASTPM)
R 3500 excl VAT for Non-Members
Value for nominators:
The nomination fee covers the judging process, and results in created content that can be used for marketing promotion, including:
- A 30 Minute Project Case Study Interview, which is recorded and shared as a project case study on the SAISC Youtube page, SAISC/ Steel Awards website, and SAISC social media platforms
- An edited, transcribed version of the call, is posted as a written project case study on the SAISC/ Steel Awards Website
- In the lead up the the semi finals, a 1 minute project profile will be shared on the SAISC social media platforms for each project nominated
- Semi-finalists will be extensively promoted in traditional and digital media.
- Finalist and winners will be featured in an engaging broadcast quality documentary film production, to be showcased at the red carpet movie premier in person cocktail event.
- Winning projects and finalists will be showcased in a substantial luxury coffee table book, available for pre-order before the in person event, or ordering after the in person event
- Complete the online nomination form (it literally takes 5 minutes to do – we’ve simplified the process)
- You will receive an email with a link to book your project team Zoom interview.
- Consult with your project team and book your Zoom interview
- Receive an invoice and pay your project nomination
(interviews will only take place when project nominations have been paid in full)
- Receive preparation instructions for your project team Zoom interview
- Participate in a 30 minute project team Zoom interview.to showcase your project
- Receive a follow up email with a request/ instruction for submitting supporting information
(Photographs, Video Content, Models etc)
- If you are a finalist, a site visit by representatives of the judging panel may be required.
- You may need to participate in a video interview or other filming necessary as part of the Steel Awards 2022
“Excellence in Steel” documentary